Friday, April 24, 2009

Bento Lunch Follow up

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bento Lunch Follow up
I learned a few things from packing a bento on Monday.Dont put red peppers in your california roll, they over power all the other tastes.Dont pack your HBEgg next to the california roll the Nori color "Bleeds"Dont over blanch broccoli, cold mushy brocoli is gross.I need the little fishie bottles of soy sauce, that would have been nice for the california rolls. & Vinegar would have perked up the broccoli.I am goingto have to rethink my bentos, while it was crammed to the gills + I ate my back up apple at lunch. By 3 I was in a slump, Tired & Cranky.I have to cut carbs, so I dont want to add more rice, Maybe a second egg & veggies. I will have to plan that out for my next bento. I'll have to pick up cucumbers I cant stand celery sticks.Or maybe make the Carrot Kinpria I keep hearing so much about. http://justbento.com/handbook/recipes-side-dishes-and-space-fillers/easy-sugarfree-carrot-kinpiraI have some roasted portobello caps left over so I want to try using them up in steamed dumplings.

No comments: