Friday, April 24, 2009

Wednesday, April 8, 2009 http://tias-place.blogspot.com/2009/04/bento-5.html go here for pictures

Bento # 5!
Actually, I am not really sure what number I am on. Packing a Bento has been pretty hit & miss the past few weeks since I started doing this. I am trying to average packing at least 3 a week. Last week I got 2 done & this week this is my second....so this may actually bento #8? I dont Blog every bento I make, just the ones I take the time to make look nice :)

Today for Lunch I am using the "Pink" Sandwich case wich is very nice. It seems a little bigger than my Natural Lunch 2 tier box.
In the top tier I have:
"Arnold" whole grain sandwich round, cut in half.
Diced Rotisserie Chicken breast.
Green Olives Stuffed with Garlic Cloves & capped with little Tiny sweet/hot peppers
Under that is a boston lettuce leaf.
In Mr. Penguin is Wasabi Mayo ( YAY I get to use the Penguin!)
& the apple has Italian dressing
other than the olives this all gets layerd into a nice chicken salad sandwich.
in the bottom tier I have:
Homemade Hummus
Carrot sticks
Baybebel cheese
and Grapes
I also have an apple as a side.
Here is my recipie for Hummus:
1 can Chick peas drained & rinsed
2+ Tsp Olive oil
1/4 C Lemon Juice
1 Tsp Chopped Garlic
Spices are estimated amounts, I dont usually measure I just add "To Taste"
1 tsp ground sea salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp red curry
1 tsp oregano
The easiest way to do this is just put it all in a food processor & blend till smooth.
If you notice it being a bit Lumpy & tastes dry, drizzle with more olive oil and blend some more.
For this bento I made the hummus last week & froze it into individual portions using mini containers I found at the Dollar tree. A whole round just fits in a medium silicon baking cup I got from Ichiban Kan. A whole round is actually quite a lot so I cut it in half wich was perfect for lunch.
Hummus freezes well, & it didnt get watery after it thawed out either.

No comments: